Housekeeping jobs includes all positions within the Hotel department on cruise ships.
The Storekeeper is fully responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the hotel stores in conjunction with the Hotel Controller. His primary responsibility is to maintain, receiving and the issuance of all food and related inventory storerooms and ensures accurate inventory count and levels while helping identify cost and expense reductions.
Follows company policies and procedures consistently and maintains an atmosphere of teamwork.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Maintain accurate inventory levels in assigned storerooms.
- Conduct monthly inventories and handles variances according to the SOP.
- Attend meetings as requested by the Hotel Controller.
- Work together with the Hotel Stores personnel and support others in a professional manner.
- Regularly communicate with the Hotel Controller regarding stock rotation, par levels, and inventory discrepancies.
- In coordination with Hotel Controller initiates activities for cleaning organizing and proper maintaining of the food and beverage storing areas.
- Adhere to the cleaning schedules in place for assigned area.
- Be available during loading and actively manage the operation.
- Ensure that internal requisitions are handled according to the SOP and that no items are issued out of the storerooms unless they are properly requested.
- Ensure that all internal orders processed in a timely manner and in accordance with the daily ordering schedule.
- To be trained with the MXP system and should be able to perform all duties of Hotel Controller position and to cover the position during unexpected or emergency situations.
- Ensure that all food and beverage products are stored in the appropriate room according to product type and temperature.
- Ensure that stock rotation is managed in accordance with the FIFO system.
- Ensure that all food and beverage product received is within their use by date.
- Ensure that all inventory movement (issues and returns) is accurately documented and approved by the appropriate management.
- Assist in monitoring the inventory received, issued, spoilage, breakage, and transfers.
- Responsible for reconciling inventory levels with the Hotel Controller and investigating discrepancies as per the SOP.
- Enforce cost control procedures and minimizes waste and breakage in the inventory locations.
- Ensure the par stocks for food product and beverage products are maintained, and Hotel Controller is being informed on a daily basis.
- Is present during any Agriculture and Public Health Inspections in all ports as requested.
- Oversee the food and beverage stores and ensures the following:
- Public Health regulations
- No issuance of items without approved MXP requisitions.
- Adhere to all SOP’s and participates in the ongoing creation of SOPs relevant to the area of responsibility.
- Maintain a strong sense of urgency at all times while on duty and offers assistance to others around him/her without hesitation.
- Give suggestions to his/her Manager on how to enhance the product and participate in the ongoing creation of SOP’s.
- Assist in achieving the budgets by minimizing waste, breakage and maintaining proper handling procedures.
- Ensure that all areas are maintained in accordance with Company policy, Public Health (HACCP), SMS, safety and environmental regulations.
- Continually reviews the company’s strategic plan, audit sheets, and goals
- Continue own education by staying abreast of trends and sharing this information with the team.
- Ensure that all working hours, including overtime, have been recorded accurately and truthfully on his/her timesheet for each time period worked.
- Maintains the Provision message board on a daily basis
- STCW 4th Part Basic Training
- STCW CPSC
- Senior High School Graduate
- PSCRB Certificate
- Valid Seafarers Medical
- Must pass a security background check
- Latest experience must be within the past 2 years
- Is able to read, write and speak fluently in English and does so at all times while on duty.
- Ability to handle stress well and work under pressure.
- Good computer skills to include creating and working with spreadsheets, Word, Excel and basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
- Assist in managing, organizing, directing and supervising the storerooms including cold storage, frozen storage, dry storage, wine, and beverages.
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a Head Provision Man, Storekeeper or F&B Storeroom Attendant on a large ultra-luxury Cruise Ship, Private Club, Boutique Hotel, ultra-luxury Hotel or Resort.
- Secondary education degree or equivalent is mandatory Courses and/or training in safety, environmental, public health and sanitation regulations and procedures are required
- Able to live in close quarters and share limited cabin space with other Crew Members.
- Proactive, team player, problem solver and always set an example for others.
- Passionate about hospitality and is service driven.
- Must have a professional appearance and adhere to the Grooming and Uniform standard.
- Must have respect for all Guests and Co-workers.
- Takes pride in his/her work by creating positive energy, excitement, and fun.
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and greeting others with an energetic personality.
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members.
- Ability to remain calm and courteous in demanding and difficult situations.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality of all Guest, Crew and pertinent hotel information.
- Requires very good organizational including follow up and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team.